As we wrap up our first MINI SERIES: THE TODDLERHOOD EXPERIENCE, I want to spotlight the top 5 things I have noticed are the MOST different between infancy and toddlerhood.
You know you have toddlers when...
- MELTDOWNS ARE A PART OF YOUR DAY BEAUSE MISS (or MR.) INDEPENDENT DOESN'T NEED YOU AS MUCH ANY MORE
- 2 CUPS OF COFFEE ARE NEVER ENOUGH
- EVERYTHING IS "THAT"
- YOUR HOUSE LOOKS LIKE A TORNADO CAME THROUGH
- THE BOTTLES ARE GONE!!! (BUT SIPPY AND SNACK CUPS TAKE OVER!)
- TIME OFF DOESN’T EQUAL TIME OUT
After planning the GIRLS FIRST BIRTHDAY PARTY, I thought for sure I would be able to take a little time to rest and "relax" before hitting full swing again. BUT, little did I know that I was entering the world of toddlerhood.... and that the game change was just beginning.
So, honestly I didn't think toddlerhood came so fast! I mean they JUST turned one! They are STILL babies! Ya, ok mom! KEEP telling yourself that!
There are so many things that are SO different from how things used to be, and I kind of wish I would have had a little bit more of a heads up so that I could have updated my mommy tool belt! It's crazy how much has changed, and I'm sitting here trying to figure out why I didn't spend more free time in my early 20's learning more about this stuff! (Developmental psych was ok with me, but not my focus at that time.. so it's all VERY rusty right now)